Craft is something that belongs to you in a way that nothing else does. You may share your passion with someone else, and provide inspiration for each other, but at it's very core it is a private joy that feeds your soul. It is there for you on the sunny days, the rainy afternoons and in the middle of the night when your worries are keeping you awake. At the same time it can be restful, meditative and exciting.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Craft Fair

Well, as expected there was nothing worth buying at the craft fair last weekend and I didn't spend any money at all.  And, if you are interested I have a nice bridge to sell you, and probably my nose just grew a little.  There were in actual fact quite a lot of purchases made......and only a few were presents for others.....um ah!

My Cuttlebug got a boost with some Spellbinders die/embossing shapes and inking 'pads' to add colour to the raised part of embossed card.  My friend bought me a fab birthday present and let me go round one of the shops and fill a tray with stamps, metallic inks and a brayer.  I only have a vague idea of how to use a brayer so I imagine I will be having lots of fun with it learning some new techniques.  My friend has a good eye because she pointed out the mosaic stamp which I had previously passed by.  It was the first stamp I used when I got home and I am just about to post a picture of the card that I made with it.  I think it's probably going to get a lot of use.

There didn't seem to be as many people at the craft fair as there had been in previous years.  Which was good for us because it made it a little easier to get around.  But not so good for the people trying to sell their products no doubt.  As usual there were some really good deals and it would have been way too easy to spend every single cent in my purse.  Good thing that it's 365 days till the next craft fair. =^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment