Craft is something that belongs to you in a way that nothing else does. You may share your passion with someone else, and provide inspiration for each other, but at it's very core it is a private joy that feeds your soul. It is there for you on the sunny days, the rainy afternoons and in the middle of the night when your worries are keeping you awake. At the same time it can be restful, meditative and exciting.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

So this is what the card really looks like and it is card number 10 in the black and white challenge.  I'm not really all that fussed on orange, in fact it's my least favourite colour so I didn't think I'd come up with anything that I personally liked.  But I quite like this, if I could only get the centre bits of the flower to co-operate. =^..^=

2 comments:

  1. I really like this card. I'm with you, I've had trouble working with oranges and yellows as they're not colours I'm naturally drawn to but I'm really starting to like orange - it's kind of like red in the impact stake so you can really create something eyecatching with it. As for flowers, they can be bastards. One trick I've tried a few times is that if I'm mounting 2 flowers together and the top one sits stupidly (yet the front of the flower is identical to the back), I place the bottom one correctly and the top one reversed and once I pin it down tightly with a brad it sits better. Does this make sense? But I don't think this will help you with flower you have on the top as it seems small and fiddly. K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it because often flowers don't sit properly. Yeah, with this one I will have to work out something else. Maybe I'll try a blob of glue. I have five others the same style and a lot of the middles sit funny. I do love the colours so I want to use them.

    ReplyDelete