Craft is something that belongs to you in a way that nothing else does. You may share your passion with someone else, and provide inspiration for each other, but at it's very core it is a private joy that feeds your soul. It is there for you on the sunny days, the rainy afternoons and in the middle of the night when your worries are keeping you awake. At the same time it can be restful, meditative and exciting.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

An attempt at Christmas vintage


I think that I must have a mental block for vintage style cards.  This one was like pulling teeth even though I started with a fairly clear image of the final product.  For some reason it just wouldn’t come and I think it took me at least 3 hours to feel happy enough with it.  In the end I think it’s ok but it doesn’t feel especially warm to me.  I know that I could have copied something directly from a mag but I wanted to design something reasonably original.  Maybe the colours are too strong for vintage?  Don’t know, can’t make up my mind =^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment